Alaska Rockfish Caribe With Cauliflower Risotto
A warm spice rub gives Alaska Rockfish a kick of flavor, especially when topped with bright avocado goddess dressing.
- 4 Alaska rockfish fillets (about 4-8 ounces each), fresh, thawed or frozen Buy Now
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Avocado Goddess Dressing
- 2 small avocados, pitted, peeled and chunked
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 10 drops liquid stevia (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive or avocado oil, divided
- 2 small heads of cauliflower (or 2, 12-16 ounce bags riced cauliflower)
- 2 cups each chopped fresh asparagus, peas and sliced mushrooms
- 4 radishes, halved or quartered
Make the avocado dressingMake the avocado dressing
Add all ingredients for avocado dressing to a mini-food processor or blender. Blend until smooth, adding water if desired for a thinner consistency. Refrigerate, if needed, until ready to use.
Prepare the rockfishPrepare the rockfish
Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Alaska rockfish under cold water; dry with a paper towel. In a small bowl or measuring cup, blend cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Squeeze lime juice over fish. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon mixture over both sides of the fish. Reserve remaining seasoning for another recipe.
Broil the fishBroil the fish
Spray-coat a grill/broiler/sauté pan; heat over medium-high heat, then add rockfish. Cook 6-8 minutes per side for frozen rockfish or 3-5 minutes per side for fresh/thawed fish, just until fish is opaque throughout. Set on a plate and cover loosely with foil while finishing the cauliflower risotto.
Meanwhile, make the cauliflower risottoMeanwhile, make the cauliflower risotto
Chop fresh cauliflower into tiny florets (or “rice”), if using. Heat oil over medium heat in non-stick sauté pan. Add riced cauliflower, asparagus, peas and mushrooms; sauté 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and keep warm.
Plate and servePlate and serve
Divide the risotto among 4 plates, top with a rockfish fillet and drizzle with avocado goddess dressing. Serve immediately.
More Seafood that works well with this seafood
Subscribe to our newsletter
to stay up-to-date on our promotions, discounts, sales, special offers and more